Amazon Hiring 2026 for Software Development Engineer I | Freshers | ₹6–45 LPA | Multiple Locations
Amazon Hiring 2026 for Software Development Engineer I | Freshers | Multiple Locations
Amazon Hiring 2026: Amazon is inviting applications for the Software Development Engineer I position under its Amazon University Talent Acquisition program. This opportunity is suitable for freshers and early-career candidates who have a bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
The position is associated with multiple locations in India, including Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, and Delhi. Candidates may work on software development, scalable systems, distributed technologies, algorithms, data structures, and other software engineering challenges.
Amazon Software Development Engineer I Recruitment 2026
| Company | Amazon |
|---|---|
| Job Role | Software Development Engineer I |
| Qualification | Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field |
| Experience | Freshers / Early Career |
| Freshers Eligible | Yes |
| Salary | Approximately ₹6 LPA – ₹45 LPA (Expected) |
| Job Type | Full-Time |
| Location | Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai & Delhi |
| Job ID | 10420813 |
| Hiring Program | Amazon University Talent Acquisition |
| Application Mode | Online |
Amazon Software Development Engineer I Job Description
Amazon is looking for Software Development Engineers who are interested in building innovative products and solving complex technical problems. Software engineers at Amazon work with modern technologies and develop systems designed to operate at significant scale.
Selected candidates may work with experienced engineers to design, develop, test, and deliver software solutions. The role can involve distributed computing, scalable systems, algorithms, data structures, and technologies supporting Amazon products and services.
Candidates may also analyze broadly defined problems, develop technical solutions, write maintainable code, and collaborate with engineers and other teams in an agile software development environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced engineers to design and develop software products and services.
- Design and build software solutions for large-scale environments.
- Develop reliable and scalable technologies.
- Work on distributed systems and software components.
- Design scalable and fault-tolerant solutions.
- Develop maintainable and cost-effective software.
- Analyze technical problems and design suitable solutions.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver software products.
- Participate in software testing and validation.
- Work in an agile development environment.
- Contribute to high-quality software solutions.
Amazon SDE I Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and programming concepts.
- Understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Good problem-solving and complexity-analysis skills.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java, or Perl.
- Technical internship experience may be beneficial.
- Understanding of distributed and multi-tiered systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of algorithms and relational databases is preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions clearly.
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills.
Amazon SDE I Skills Required
Candidates preparing for this opportunity should focus on the following technical areas:
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Java, C/C++, Python or Perl
- Problem Solving
- Complexity Analysis
- Database Fundamentals
- Distributed Systems Basics
- Software Development
- Debugging and Testing
- Logical and Analytical Thinking
Amazon SDE I Work Locations
The position is associated with multiple locations in India, including:
- Bengaluru
- Hyderabad
- Pune
- Chennai
- Delhi
The actual work location and work arrangement may depend on the assigned team, business requirements, and the applicable Amazon office.
Amazon SDE I Salary 2026
The salary figure of ₹6 LPA to ₹45 LPA is an expected compensation range and should not be treated as an officially confirmed salary range from Amazon.
Actual compensation may vary depending on factors such as location, job level, qualifications, experience, and Amazon's applicable compensation structure. Candidates should verify the compensation details during the recruitment process.
Amazon SDE I Interview Process
The recruitment process can vary depending on the position, team, location, and hiring requirements. Candidates applying for Software Development Engineer roles may encounter several evaluation stages.
1. Application and Resume Screening
Amazon reviews submitted applications and resumes to determine whether candidates meet the educational and role-related requirements.
2. Online Assessment
Shortlisted candidates may be invited to complete an online assessment. Depending on the role, the assessment may evaluate coding, problem-solving, algorithms, and other relevant technical skills.
3. Technical Interviews
Technical interviews may cover data structures, algorithms, programming, object-oriented design, problem-solving, and software engineering fundamentals.
4. Final Interview
Candidates who successfully complete the required evaluation stages may proceed to additional interviews or the final hiring stage. The exact process can vary by role and hiring requirements.
Amazon SDE I Interview Questions to Prepare
- Explain the difference between an array and a linked list.
- What is time and space complexity?
- Explain OOP concepts with examples.
- What is inheritance?
- What is polymorphism?
- What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?
- Explain common sorting algorithms.
- What is a hash table?
- How does a binary search work?
- What is recursion?
- Explain stacks and queues.
- What are trees and graphs?
- How would you optimize an inefficient algorithm?
- Explain database indexing.
- What is a distributed system?
- How would you design a scalable service?
- Describe a challenging programming problem you solved.
How Freshers Can Prepare for Amazon SDE I
1. Master Data Structures
Practice arrays, strings, linked lists, stacks, queues, hash tables, trees, heaps and graphs.
2. Practice Algorithms
Focus on searching, sorting, recursion, dynamic programming, greedy algorithms, graph traversal and complexity analysis.
3. Strengthen Programming
Choose one programming language such as Java, C++, or Python and become comfortable writing clean and efficient code.
4. Build Projects
Practical software projects can help demonstrate programming ability, debugging skills, software design and the ability to build working applications.
5. Practice Problem Solving
Regular coding practice can help improve logical thinking and the ability to solve unfamiliar programming problems.
About Amazon
Amazon is a global technology and e-commerce company with businesses spanning online retail, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, logistics, digital services, and consumer technology.
Amazon engineering teams develop products and services used by customers, sellers, businesses, and organizations around the world. Software engineering roles can involve working on technologies designed to operate at significant scale.
Why This Opportunity May Be Relevant for Freshers
- Opportunity to apply for a Software Development Engineer I position.
- Suitable for eligible freshers and early-career candidates.
- Multiple Indian locations are associated with the position.
- Opportunity to work on software engineering problems at scale.
- Exposure to software development and distributed technologies.
- Opportunity to collaborate with experienced engineering teams.
How to Apply for Amazon SDE I Recruitment 2026
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official Amazon Jobs website.
- Open the official Amazon Jobs application page.
- Review the complete job description.
- Verify the qualification and eligibility requirements.
- Use Job ID 10420813 to locate the position if required.
- Log in to your Amazon Jobs account or create an account.
- Complete the application form accurately.
- Upload your latest resume and required documents.
- Review your information before submitting.
- Submit the application through the official Amazon careers portal.
Apply for Amazon Software Development Engineer I
Candidates can view the complete job description and submit their application through the official Amazon Jobs website.
Apply on Amazon JobsImportant Note for Applicants
Job availability, eligibility criteria, location, compensation, and recruitment procedures may change. Candidates should verify the latest information on the official Amazon Jobs website before applying.
Applicants should also be cautious of fraudulent recruitment messages. Do not pay money to anyone in exchange for an interview, job offer, application, or recruitment opportunity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Amazon hiring freshers for Software Development Engineer I?
The Amazon University Talent Acquisition listing for Software Development Engineer I is intended for university talent and early-career candidates who meet the specified requirements.
What qualification is required for Amazon SDE I?
The listed qualification is a bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
What is the Amazon SDE I Job ID?
The Job ID mentioned for this opportunity is 10420813.
Which locations are available?
The position is associated with locations including Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai, and Delhi.
Which programming languages are relevant?
The requirements mention programming languages including C/C++, Python, Java, and Perl. Candidates should also have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures.
Is the ₹6 LPA to ₹45 LPA salary official?
No. The ₹6 LPA to ₹45 LPA figure is an expected compensation range and is not an officially disclosed salary range in the job information provided here. Actual compensation may vary.
How can I apply for Amazon SDE I?
Candidates can apply through the official Amazon Jobs portal using the application link provided above.
Final Summary
Amazon Hiring 2026 for Software Development Engineer I is an opportunity for eligible freshers and early-career candidates interested in software engineering. The role focuses on programming, algorithms, data structures, scalable systems, distributed technologies and problem-solving.
The position carries Job ID 10420813 and is associated with multiple Indian locations including Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai and Delhi.
Candidates should carefully review the official requirements and prepare for coding, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming and problem-solving assessments before applying.
Official Application: Amazon Jobs – Software Development Engineer I